Thread: N2Aos
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2013, 10:31 AM   #19
cicsos2
Enthusiast
cicsos2 is a marvel to beholdcicsos2 is a marvel to beholdcicsos2 is a marvel to beholdcicsos2 is a marvel to beholdcicsos2 is a marvel to beholdcicsos2 is a marvel to beholdcicsos2 is a marvel to beholdcicsos2 is a marvel to beholdcicsos2 is a marvel to beholdcicsos2 is a marvel to beholdcicsos2 is a marvel to behold

Device: kindle Kbd, Fire(N2A), & 8.9
Watching (Prime) Instant Video using Dolphin & Flash
As this is being entered, I'm watch "In Harms Way" with John Wayne, etal

This is also a summary from another location with comments gently snitched from two gentlemen. In addition, I've added some extra screenshots that fit into the process at the end of the pdf referenced by N2A.

From N2A

How to watch Amazon Prime Video on N2Aos
So simple even someone who just converted their Kindle can do it.

http://n2aos.com/tutorials/primeinstantvideo.pdf

---------------------------------------------------
Steve Caldwell's comments have to do with Amazon telling you that your device isn't supported.
---------------------------------------------------

and from stevecaldwell

If Amazon says that the browser isn't supported, then it's probably reverted back to the mobile version of the Amazon.com site.As soon as you click on the episode link, you need to make sure that you're viewing the episode page using the full site link. Otherwise, you will see a warning on the page saying that your tablet isn't supported.

See 1st thumbnail.
-------------------------------------------------------

It should be no surprise to most that Android v4.x and Flash no longer work together. Also, that the solution to this is to use Dolphin and Flash. The steps needed for this are in the pdf referenced above.

For the newbie (i.e. including me) there are a few extra steps at the very end that are easy to miss. And if you do miss them, then Steve's advice gives you the result.

After you start your Dolphin browser and connect to Amazon.com scroll down to the bottom until you can see the Amazon.com Full Screen entry, shown in the 2nd thumbnail.

Hold the "Your Prime" (2nd thumbnail) until the pop-up is displayed with the available movies. When you find the one you want, you should see something like the last thumbnail.

I tried a couple of different movies identified as HD - one came back and said that my device could not play HD - which is correct - and offered to switch me to an SD version. The other was happy to play as selected.

Granted, it takes a few more steps than the Kindle opsys, but maybe a bookmark at the right step would help.

However, don't get rid of your other browsers just yet. I have found that there are some youtube videos that do not get along with Dolphin.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	S_2013-07-05-16-47-12.jpg
Views:	328
Size:	89.1 KB
ID:	107848   Click image for larger version

Name:	S_2013-07-05-18-47-23.jpg
Views:	309
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	107849   Click image for larger version

Name:	S_2013-07-05-18-48-10.jpg
Views:	316