View Single Post
Old 10-03-2011, 09:38 PM   #5
Jadon
Hermit
Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
I Am Legend by Richard Matheson
I'm assuming the OP wants all the bullet points, and if Matheson hid a spaceship in I Am Legend he did it well indeed. Offhand the most fitting tale I can think of is The Lifeship by Harrison and Dickson. Not great by any means, but I recall the claustrophobia after decades. Doesn't really hit point four, though. Fool's War by Sarah Zettel is a dissimilar novel that hits most of the points, even number four (if you define things very loosely).

Ooh: Blindsight by Peter Watts. It's got that "people in a ship with dangerous and scary stuff going on" vibe down pat. The Tartarus Incident by William Greenleaf is similar, though they get off the ship for most of it, IIRC.
Jadon is offline   Reply With Quote