View Single Post
Old 01-18-2011, 07:01 AM   #11
STrucks
STrucks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.STrucks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.STrucks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.STrucks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.STrucks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.STrucks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.STrucks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.STrucks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.STrucks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.STrucks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.STrucks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by davtay View Post
Okay, thanks. I did that, deleted the books from my kindle, made sure my metadata was filled out (cover, summaries etc.), then reloaded them, but info doesn't seem to be there. I backpaged from where kindle opens books, but the metadata other than the cover doesn't seem to be there.

Maybe it only puts it in there if I reconvert the format, but as they are already .mobi it didn't put it in?

David.
I've found that to be the case as well. If I add the summary metadata to an epub and convert to mobi, it transfers to the kindle. If I add the data to an existing mobi file, it doesn't transfer over.

Also as a test I took an existing mobi file, added summary data and converted to mobi again. This time the information did transfer over.

Does anyone know of a way to get it to work without resorting to such a bizarre step?
STrucks is offline   Reply With Quote