View Single Post
Old 06-09-2010, 07:41 PM   #1
jezebel
Fanatic
jezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoon

Device: Kindle Fire (5th Gen), Nook Color
Aluratek Libre... confused about SD card

I happened to be near a KMart today (NOT near my home) and picked up an Aluratek Libre. The Quick Start guide tells me there is a pre-installed 2 GB card that contains 100 books. The books are there, but there is no SD card in the slot. Thinking maybe the card is installed inside the hardware I checked the memory available by plugging it in. The books take up less than 90 MB and there is less than 20 MB available. Do they indeed come with a separate SD card that is removable?

Is it possible someone loaded the books onto the unit and swiped the card? I realize SD cards are cheap, but that ain't right. What should I do? I can't go back there for several weeks.
jezebel is offline   Reply With Quote