View Single Post
Old 07-30-2009, 07:28 PM   #4
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by allanguthrie View Post
Don, thanks so much for the warm welcome! And I do hope you enjoy Two-Way Split. Thanks for taking the chance. I'm looking forward to looking around the site, getting to know the folks that hang out here, and checking out what's on offer.

I'm delighted to say I've had a fine review up for another of my Kindle books, Killing Mum, today at Bookspot Central: "No one working today has Guthrie's way with black humor and sweat-drenched surprise." I'll link to it, but I warn you that the reviewer uses some decidedly fruity language, so if anyone's reading this who's at all uncomfortable with four-letter words, I'd avoid clicking this link

I can also offer you a much less sweary two-way interview with fellow crime writer Ray Banks at Pulp Pusher, also just up today, in which I talk an immense load of nonsense, although I'm supposed to be talking about Killing Mum. Click here to read.

Thanks!

Al

Black humor - dark comedy; morbid humor - is right up my alley. It's not as fully appreciated in some areas, in my opinion, due to the conservative nature and thinking that has attacked normally intelligent people (and I'll PM you to say more on this, please), but I'm a big proponent of it. Fiction that shatters us out of our complacency can make us think outside the narrow boxes we find ourselves in.

A play I wrote, produced and performed at my University, dealt with the death of Mama and how her two sons just couldn't quite stuff her in a big floor-standing icebox without pesky neighbors always dropping in and spoiling their dinner.

I believe that dark comedy, especially comedy that centers around death (or the grotesque) certainly has a legitimate place in Literature and within the context of literature-based studies. (However, as I mentioned, I'll PM you on this so that I may add additional information.)

Best wishes for your work.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote