View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 12:06 PM   #47
Arios
A curiosus lector!
Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Touch
Oxen,

My problem with EpubStar is clearly linked to. Net.

I had a look to the ini file and it was the most recent.

But I also found that ini file contains both english and Chinese comments: is it necessary?

Oxen, I think this is the problem. I bet my English version of windows 7 can not "digest" some of these characters.

I have absolutely nothing against Chinese language, but there is not so long, simple accented letters (à, é, ê, ë) had hard time displaying under Windows, and Chinese is much more complicated!

Here's what I suggest: strictly separate versions. So, for the Chinese version which seems to work well: all in Chinese.

For "international" version you should, IMO, put all program modules exclusively in English: so no Chinese comments or Chinese caracters which could break the program!

Thus, your program is more likely to be "fully" compatible if my guess is good enough.

By the way, have you been able to test it on different English or, for example, French versions of win (xp, Vista, 7) to see what happen there with EpubStar?
Arios is offline   Reply With Quote