View Single Post
Old 12-17-2015, 11:06 AM   #38
Dusky Rose
Connoisseur
Dusky Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dusky Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dusky Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dusky Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dusky Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dusky Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dusky Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dusky Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dusky Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dusky Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dusky Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Ipad mini retina, Kindle Voyage and Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by leebase View Post
I've lost all track of the size of my books. Not being able to physically see the book is my one complaint with ebooks. I used to derive a certain amount of pleasure reading big books and seeing my book mark make it's progress.

Now I simply have ZERO idea how big the books I read are.
I can tell the approximate size of my ebooks when they're in Calibre by using one of the plug ins. I can see my progress on my various machines by either page county, or % of the book read, depending on the options or settings. And I can easily go to most of the on-line ebook stores and look up the page count.

If you need to know, are any of these and option for you?

For me, I'm reading anything from 100 pages on up. I find I don't tend to get much involved in anything too short. For anything 100 pages and up it gives me time to get invested, and the book should just be exactly long enough to tell a good story.
Dusky Rose is offline   Reply With Quote