View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 12:06 PM   #106
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
We all measure our battery use time differently. We all have different battery units. We all have different ways of using our Kindles. Thus, there are no real tests we can apply to others.

I've read elsewhere on the internet that all Lithium batteries should be expended to zero on the first use to calibrate the meter icon and get all the chemicals stirred up. I've also read that after 3 years all Lithium batteries operate at only 80% of initial capacity. In addition, I've read that after 500 charges most Lithium batteries will be fully expended.

For my own special uses I've run tests on the PW showing 10 hours of use with WiFi on and 12 hours of use with WiFi off. My KFHD7-32 measured by Gsam as the Screen Time right before a charge shows between 5 and 6 hours with WiFi on only for syncing and upgrading apps at the 14% leve over 7 to 8 days. My PW gets between 11 and 16 days with WiFi on only for syncing. My KK gets between 30 and 38 days.

For me in the end I'll be dumping them all as soon as Amazon introduces the next generation which will probably be long before I notice any battery deterioration.

I've read that the LI batteries we use now are 2D. Supposedly, later this year or next year 3D LI batteries will be out with ten times the 2D's capacity and 1/5th of the size. Of course that is all speculation right now.

Last edited by sirmaru; 02-13-2013 at 12:31 PM.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote