View Single Post
Old 07-10-2008, 01:48 PM   #35
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack B Nimble View Post
I agree. Palm OS is rather long in the tooth now, but when they first came out with the TX, I had hoped they would use that design as the basis for a new line of phones. Could have been well ahead of the game.

What did we get? The Centro.
I think Palm was fixated on the idea that a smartphone needed a thumbboard for email replies and SMS. I know other Palm users who would really like a Treo with a 320x480 screen. It will be interesting to see how many manufacturers start coming out with phones that have neither thumbbaord nor keypad in response to the iPhone.

I'm waiting to see what Palm OS II (or whatever they call it) based on a Linux kernel will look like. I'm also curious to see if Palm decides to use it in something that isn't a smartphone.
______
Dennis

Last edited by DMcCunney; 07-11-2008 at 12:58 PM.
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote