View Single Post
Old 12-07-2011, 07:09 PM   #7
SteveEisenberg
Grand Sorcerer
SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Kids Edition, Fire HD 10 (11th generation)
Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverjuly View Post
I've used Readability. It's great! Some web pages have such intrusive advertising.
The advantage for me is being able to read on the Kindle rather than the PC. Most nights I do several Send to Kindle clicks for reading on transit the next morning.

As for ads, viewing them is the main way we pay for such content, another being any revenue the sites get from tracking our behavior.* Since I already saw the ad on the site, there is no obligation to see it a second time on the Kindle. However, if the ads did come along, I'd have no objection.

What are the best web sites for Send to Kindle? I put longform.org as number one. Other ideas welcome.

* Longform.org, readability, www.klip.me, Instapaper, etc. know what town I live in, which might help in attracting advertisers. They do not know who I am, my home address, or what other web sites I go to.

Last edited by SteveEisenberg; 12-07-2011 at 07:30 PM.
SteveEisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote