View Single Post
Old 02-14-2011, 03:59 PM   #6
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
The PRS-350 does have a touch screen, it's the older pocket edition that doesn't (the PRS-300).

I was deciding between the PRS-350, 650 and the 950 too, and just this weekend I ordered the 350 with the lighted cover. I liked the size, as I already have an old model (505) that is still working, and didn't want to have two of the same sized readers. Also, I plan on getting a Kindle DX to read PDFs, so I didn't want to have two large readers, either. The 350 came out to $129 USD, which was too good a deal for me to not take advantage of, in the end.

I don't care about wi-fi / 3g, so that didn't play into my decision, nor do I listen to mp3s on my reader, and I rarely use the expansion slot on my 505, so those factors didn't come into play either (the 350 doesn't have the expansion slot or the mps option; the 650 and 950 do. Only the 950 has wi-fi/3g.). If you plan on reading alot of PDFs (with graphs, pictures and such, as I find that text-only PDFs have tended to read very well on my 505), I say go with the 950. If portability is more important to you, go with the 350 or the 650. The 650 is still very portable, but the 350 has a better DPI (and a slightly sharper screen, so I've read.) This isn't an easy decision (I was actually mulling it over for a couple of months); I wish you all the best!
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote