View Single Post
Old 08-23-2012, 12:49 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaPrice View Post
Does that mean that I can access my calibre library via web browser? If my husband had the ip address for the content serve while he was at work, he could access the library?
Not quite, but yes with a bit more (Network) setup.

Work <--> The Internet <-->Your Router <-->The Content Server
(there is also a router at the work end, but nothing need to be done in most cases)

Your router has a (temporary) IP . That is the IP (current assignment) the outside world would use. A Static IP or a service like DynDNS.org is needed for a long time solution. For a 1-shot, you just discover your current IP and tell it to the user. http://www.ipchicken.com/ is a great page to find out what it is at for the moment .

Your router has to be configured to Port forward requests for a specific port
to the specified IP:port (of the content server). The defaults are Block all incoming requests.

The Keyword you need search for to set your router model : "Port forwarding"

The content server looks the same to the remote user as it would, if they plugged into your home network.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote