View Single Post
Old 03-25-2012, 08:16 PM   #4
dadioflex
Dyslexic Count
dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, Advent Vega, iPad, iPod Touch, Kindle
Do Facebook and Twitter actually lead to sales? Presumably no-one is specifically looking for information about your book on either of those, so you'd be foisting yourself into peoples social circles specifically to pimp the book. I think the Chinese government policy may be correct in this instance.

Getting people to review it on the sites selling it would be much more useful, I'd have thought.

I don't really like people so the social networking wotnots have largely passed me by and I could be talking balderdash. I do quite like Youtube though. You could get someone to put up a promotional video for you on Youtube. You don't need to access it directly yourself. A simple trailer, talking to camera explaining what the book is about, and then you get attacked by an animal or hit with a rake. Or both, but hey, we're not talking JK Rowling here, so probably best to take baby steps for the first video. Pick a relatively innocuous animal. I'd go for a goose.

Or the reviews on Amazon. Either/or.
dadioflex is offline   Reply With Quote