View Single Post
Old 03-23-2011, 11:20 AM   #4
Shimarenda
Addict
Shimarenda can talk to the animals.Shimarenda can talk to the animals.Shimarenda can talk to the animals.Shimarenda can talk to the animals.Shimarenda can talk to the animals.Shimarenda can talk to the animals.Shimarenda can talk to the animals.Shimarenda can talk to the animals.Shimarenda can talk to the animals.Shimarenda can talk to the animals.Shimarenda can talk to the animals.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by butterbescotch View Post
Forget me from my ignorance but does the ereaders like kindle,sony,smartphone etc hurts on the eyes?

I am just really curious is it the same as a computer's screen?
An electronic ink display, such as the Kindle uses, does not shine light from the screen like a computer screen. In fact, you need a light to read in the dark just as you would for a book. You read by light shining on the screen rather than the screen shining light in your eyes.

You can find a slightly technical explanation on electronic ink at Wikipedia. Basically, the screen has capsules that contain pigment. The pigment is electrically charged. The screen charges the capsules to show their pigment or not. Light shines on the pigment just as light shines on the ink in a book.
Shimarenda is offline   Reply With Quote