View Single Post
Old 08-11-2011, 02:56 PM   #36
mutzz
mutzz began at the beginning.

Device: B006 k3g 3.2.1 (576290015)
Hello, I'm trying to revert all changes I have made in the MoviNand Flash. I made these changes on my Kindle after installing Jailbreak and usbNetwork hack:
  • Disable Log Sending to Amazon
  • Disable Indexing

At first, I didn't realize that changes on the MoviNand could be irreversable, I used to think that a factory reset would bring back changes (). I was foolish enough not to make any backups. Anyhow, the changes I have made were not major ones.

So, I'm trying to revert all changes.. I am using the Diagnostic mode to make an md5hash check in order to verify if I have successfully reverted files to their original state.

This is the log file from the first diagnostic test:

Code:
MoviNand Diagnostic Test:
        FAIL : md5sum - /opt/config/not_shipped not found
        FAIL : md5sum failed on /opt/amazon/ebook/bin/start.sh
        FAIL : md5sum failed on /usr/bin/showlog
  FAIL : MoviNand Diagnostic Test
I was able to edit the "/usr/bin/showlog" file to it's orginal state so it passed the md5hash check on the next try:

Code:
MoviNand Diagnostic Test:
        FAIL : md5sum - /opt/config/not_shipped not found
        FAIL : md5sum failed on /opt/amazon/ebook/bin/start.sh
  FAIL : MoviNand Diagnostic Test
Now I'm trying to revert the file "start.sh" to its original state. I tried using the line Nine989 had shared:
Code:
# DENABLE_SEARCH_INDEXING_THREAD:TRUE \ set to TRUE to disable indexing on device
and i pasted it over the corresponding line, but later on I realized that the version of his kindle was different. And my Kindle didn't pass the test after this change.

I am asking if anyone would be kind enough to share the corresponding line so i can replace it to pass the hashcheck. It would be better if a section form the code is pasted, because every line break and space counts

My Kindle version: B006 k3g 3.2.1 (576290015) WSO

Thanks

mutzz is offline   Reply With Quote