View Single Post
Old 11-20-2008, 09:36 AM   #15
garygibsonsf
Addict
garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite
I buy a lot *more* books than I used to, since I used to subconsciously worry if I'd have anywhere to put books in my house, etc. So I certainly read a lot more, although maybe not necessarily more outside my usual habits. Also, since I'm currently living in Taiwan, distance has ceased to be a barrier to my purchasing - the only barrier is whether a certain book is available in an e-edition or not. I also like that if I read about a book on a blog or a review site or wherever, I can check it on an ebookseller site and, if I like it, download it - convert it if necessary - and be reading it on my Sony 500 *minutes* later.

I have, however, downloaded several out of copyright 'classics' with an intention of at least giving them a try. The most recent addition is Joyce's Ulysses, something I previously would have been pretty unlikely to purchase, but did download from one of the legal download sites.

Last edited by garygibsonsf; 11-20-2008 at 09:39 AM.
garygibsonsf is offline   Reply With Quote