Thread: MobileRead April 2013 Book Club Vote
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013, 09:01 AM   #5
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Simone de Beauvoir's subservient relationship to Sartre sets my teeth on edge, but of course that's irrelevant to the quality of the work. But when you add to that their collaboration (especially Sartre's) during the occupation, it's hard for me to get past my distaste.

ETA: I shall of course read it if it wins; I may even vote for it. Still considering.

Last edited by issybird; 03-26-2013 at 09:07 AM.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote