View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 08:49 PM   #48
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by zamana View Post
Some people complain that the "e-reader movement" (if we can call it this way) is interested only in sell... well... e-readers, and not books.

That's a common criticism.
I don't understand. You are saying e-reader devices only exist because there was a lot of e-reading people before? If that is what you try to imply, that probably is far from the truth. A lot e-readers have been bought by voracious paper-reading people. The convenience of carrying dozens of books with you in a form-factor that weighs less than mosts books is appealing. Never to run out on the go, or deciding to lug around the current and next book, does not need to be decided no more.

Before e-ink e-readers I never seriously considered e-reading novels, even though I did try to read on a Palm M105. The experience of it and frequent crashes were not for me. Experience first on a PRS-300, then shortly on a Odyssey (until its usb-connector broke off) and now on a PW is much much better.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote