View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 09:38 AM   #3
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis
AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several eReaders and tablets
I am wondering about the same issue, as I am working on a pet project involving an audio eBook.

Specifically, I would like to customize the audio player control bar (not necessarily on iBooks --- for example Readium or Calibre ebook-viewer now support the audio element as per EPUB 3 specs). The EPUB 3 specs do not seem to provide much meat, nor the "official" samples do.

The support is --- surprise, surprise --- spotty. When I change chapter in ebook-viewer, the audio track that has started playing stops. On iBooks, on the other hand, this does not happen. So, if I need to listen to a different track (from, say, Chapter 2), I need to go back and stop the track associated with the previous chapter (say, Chapter 1).

Does anyone have good pointers to solve/document these issues? Thanks in advance.
AlPe is offline   Reply With Quote