View Single Post
Old 09-20-2011, 01:22 PM   #25
PoP
 curly᷂͓̫̙᷊̥̮̾ͯͤͭͬͦͨ ʎʌɹnɔ
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3₃.₄.₃ PW3&4₅.₁₃.₃
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingo View Post
3. How exactly do I switch the function of the large edge button and the small edge button on the left side of the K3. In other words, without affecting any other keys, how do I make the large edge button on the left do page back and the small page forward?
In your specific case, I would suggest modifying the pageturn script such that the left edge big button "presses" 2 next_page and the left edge small button "presses" 2 prev_pages, netting to a single press, since

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellington View Post
3. ... The script doesn't change the default behavior of the keys. So you can map next page and previous page to those buttons but it will do the default action first, then the assigned one...
the end of the script would then look as follows (sorry if my syntax is incorrect, scripts are not my forte)

Code:
#read which key was pressed
	case "$(cat /tmp/key)" in
	"193 1")
	next_page;;
	next_page;;
	"104 1") 
	prev_page;; 
	prev_page;;
	esac
	}
Admitedly,
1- the visual effect of flipping a page 3 times is not that appealing and
2- you would have to start the script only when reading a book and restore the buttons to their original function in other contexts, to preserve your sanity.

Short of having the ability to "swallow" the original key behaviour that is all I could thing about.
PoP is offline   Reply With Quote