View Single Post
Old 03-23-2010, 09:40 PM   #66
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughnmr View Post
I'm not exactly sure what you're telling me, but I suggest you look into what actually happened. One of the big issues was the loss of someone's annotations that were also removed when the book "1984" was deleted due to copyright violations (unknown to Amazon at the time they sold it), and that resulted in a lawsuit against Amazon. After that, I think that all e-book sellers tightened up their actions.

Kindlekitten, you won't get thru to these people, they can't hear thru tinfoil.
yeah I know, can't blame a girl for trying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnFalcon View Post
Yes, precisely that - theft (which does fit here, of course) and fraud. And I am of the strong opinion that such cases should be prosecuted in the public interest. A few tens of millions of pounds of fines to demonstrate that would not go amiss, afaik.

(To be clear, I have very little tolerance for any corporation committing fraud.)

kindlekitten - The line I quoted gives them the right to do so. I'd try reading it rather than posting the entire agreement, which not relevant to the point: It does not modify the meaning of the sentence at all, and hence I question why you posted it.

You don't think it's important. Fine. Then why the heck are you trying to make it out that it's not important to anyone, when there are issues which more than a few people here have pointed DO matter to them, to the degree of affecting their purchasing decisions.

It's selfish and short sighted of you to demand that everyone see things your way on the matter.
I have read it. several times. it does NOT say what you are implying.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tinfoil.jpg
Views:	360
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	48596