View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 06:18 PM   #50
Iznogood
Guru
Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad, kindle paperwhite
Building from source

EDIT: Ignore the part regarding the cmake path. I see now that is has been addressed earlier in this thread. Next time I'll read the entire thread before asking silly questions
The parts in the src file that it doesn't find still puzzles me though

I would like to build Sigil for Ubuntu, but installation fails. I am not familiar with building program from source, so I would appreciate advices on what I'm doing wrong.

Here's what I've been doing.
  1. Download CMake 2.8.10 from http://www.cmake.org/cmake/resources/software.html
  2. run ./bootstrap ; make ; sudo make install
  3. Downlad Qt 5.0.1 for 64bit linux from http://qt-project.org/downloads
  4. Install by running ./qt-linux-opensource-5.0.1-x86_64-offline.run

CMake installed without errors, and the installer wizard from Qt finished successfull. But when I run

Code:
/usr/local/bin/cmake -G "Unix Makefiles" -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release ~/Downloads/Sigil-0.6.901-Code
I get the following error:
Code:
-- Could NOT find Boost
-- Could NOT find ZLIB (missing:  ZLIB_LIBRARY ZLIB_INCLUDE_DIR) 
-- Could NOT find MiniZip
-- checking for module 'xerces-c>=3.1'
--   package 'xerces-c>=3.1' not found
-- checking for module 'hunspell'
--   package 'hunspell' not found
-- checking for module 'libpcre16'
--   package 'libpcre16' not found
-- Could NOT find XercesExtensions
-- Could NOT find FlightCrew
CMake Error at src/Sigil/CMakeLists.txt:38 (find_package):
  By not providing "FindQt5Core.cmake" in CMAKE_MODULE_PATH this project has
  asked CMake to find a package configuration file provided by "Qt5Core", but
  CMake did not find one.

Could not find a package configuration file provided by "Qt5Core" with any
  of the following names:

Qt5CoreConfig.cmake
    qt5core-config.cmake

Add the installation prefix of "Qt5Core" to CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH or set
  "Qt5Core_DIR" to a directory containing one of the above files.  If
  "Qt5Core" provides a separate development package or SDK, be sure it has
  been installed.

-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
I see most of the missing stuff is in the Sigil-0.6.901-Code/src folder, I just have to find a way to point cmake to them, but I'm very puzzled by the CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH issue. How do I point that to the installpoint of QtCore?

Is there a makefile for linux that takes care of this? I see the CMakeLists.txt, but that appears to be for apple.

Oh, and why can't Sigil have a nice little bootstrap-script like cmake has? One command to rule them all would rule completely

Can somebody more cunning than me in unux please

Last edited by Iznogood; 02-10-2013 at 07:05 PM.