View Single Post
Old 01-17-2012, 07:42 PM   #39
Morkl
Connoisseur
Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.

Device: PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by snarkophilus View Post
Morkl - great work! I installed this last night but didn't have a chance to play with it until my train ride this morning. I've also installed your homescreen mod, and that in combination with the reader mod works really well. I'll echo the comments of others here about what a great job you've done in a short amount of time. Some extra karma coming your way.

Now, I'm eagerly awaiting the user css next .

Could this be done as simply as replacing one of the existing font-face directives in the smali code? For example, replace

@font-face{ font-family: %s; font-style:normal; font-weight:normal; src: url(%s);}

with

@font-face{ font-family: %s; font-style:normal; font-weight:normal; src: url(%s);}
@import url(res:///ebook/fonts/../../mnt/sdcard/css/my.css);

I've previously determined that referencing a CSS that doesn't exist doesn't cause problems. If that works, then (hopefully!) it can be made an option but this (should!) be a simple way of verifying that it's that simple to deal with.

I noticed this too this morning. That looks like the list in the "selected font" box is using the original hard-coded Sony list. Hopefully it's as simple as Morkl overriding the Sony font list in one more place.

Cheers,
Simon.
Never realized the PRS-T1 handles @import statements. That made the custom CSS a whole lot simpler.

New version posted here (just uploaded it; should be available soon). Loose apk and installer for non-rooted devices included.

It just prepends "@import url(res:///ebook/fonts/../../mnt/sdcard/css/style.css);" to the CSS (i.e. /mnt/sdcard/css/style.css is loaded if it is there).

Would a setting for the file name be useful? I'm thinking, if you're able to modify the settings you're probably able to rename the file just as well, no?
Morkl is offline   Reply With Quote