Thread: PRS-505 Madness
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2007, 07:41 PM   #10
mlbspike
Enthusiast
mlbspike began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS500, PRS505
Hmmm. Glad I got to read it before it was removed. More obscure than obscene. Great composers have mastered the medium before they break the rules. Not certain if the poster was joyfully stomping all over the language, for fun, in full knowledge of what he was doing, or if he just has his own English language variant, that works for him. Either way, it was entertaining ... rather like a word puzzle, without a set of rules ... hard to abide for long, but perhaps entertaining upon occasion. Ok ... edit that. Looking at his other posts, he seems to have an excellent grasp of the language. He was just having fun. I think someone said it ... enthusiasm.
Was interested in his worry about the flimsiness of the cover.
Was very happy with it, myself. Does he expect to be able to skim it around like a frisbee? Maybe I'm too insulated from the mainstream ... it might be a valid point. If this tech is going to become mainstream, with kids throwing it in their backpacks, and abusing it like an average textbook gets abused at school, maybe it will need to become more robust, or perhaps someone just needs to offer an alternative to the base cover ... a sort of ruggedized cover, that cares more about being invulnerable than being pretty, and light.
- Mike

Last edited by mlbspike; 12-26-2007 at 07:52 PM.
mlbspike is offline   Reply With Quote