View Single Post
Old 11-05-2008, 02:16 PM   #55
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
HarryT, I was just comparing the matrix.
For you certain things might not matter that do matter for me. Having more or better is always better. Eg: 8MB RAM could translate into faster pageturns than 2Mb flash memory.

Second, the SDHC as far as I know I haven't seen any SDHC devices on a USB1.1 controller.
I do have seen them on USB2.0 controllers running on USB1.1 speeds.
I expect Sony to have already had a SDHC device build in their PRS-505 reader, only not the firmware to support it at initial release.
I think the Hanlin has only a SD card reader, which is not compatible with SDHC. I don't know of the Cybook.

Tompe: I think MicroSD cards will be around for a while. MicroSD cards are non SDHC as far as I know of. You just need an adaptor.
Also the standard SD cards will be available in 2 (?and 4GB?) for maybe a few years.

Patatan: You can convert ebooks on both devices. I give points for the support the device itself gives without conversion. You can always convert using a pc on either both devices.

About the battery, maybe I didn't say it well enough. One (replacement) battery is easy to get, the other one is less (probably costs more too).
This is all a factor that comes into play here, that changes the score scale against the cybook.

I'm not saying Cybook is bad, and BeBook is the best; I'm just looking into functionality.
Though truth being I'll probably never use anything like wolf or prc; still, you never know when all of a sudden you'll start discovering a site with books in this format (or something)...
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote