View Single Post
Old 08-03-2008, 08:34 PM   #14
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
If you tried to read it, you might really find you enjoy it. I would even be willing to send you a copy (on loan) to prove my point. I will be honest, and say I can't stand what he's written lately. In the last few years. BUT that being said, he has written some outstanding stuff........feel free to pm me if you'd like.
Count me as another who is not a Stephen King fan.

I have enormous respect for him. He is arguably the best at what he does. You can make a case that Stephen King is responsible for Horror being broken out as a separate publishing category. (And I understand he was urged by an agent early on to branch out, and avoid being typecast as a horror writer. His response was roughly "So? That's fine by me! Horror is what I want to write!")

But I don't care for King (or Koontz, Straub, Barker or the rest) because the emotions horror is designed to induce are not ones I like to feel. My SO reads Horror, and occasionally comments "That was a scary book!" And I've no doubt it was, but being scared has never been something I liked or wanted to feel deliberately.
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote