View Single Post
Old 08-02-2008, 12:30 PM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Over View Post
I want to start reading another book, but I'm undecided which one. Which one would you choose to read first, among these?

- On Basilisk Station, by David Weber
- 1632, by Eric Flint
- Altered Carbon, by Richard Morgan
- Assassin's Apprentice, by Robin Hobb
- The Stand, by Stephen King
- Little Brother, by Cory Doctorow
- The Sword of Shannara, by Terry Brooks

*sigh*, I really should only buy a book at a time, but now it's done. Those are my options now. What would you recommend me?

Context: it'll be the book i will be (slowly) reading during my trip to Africa.
Definitely "The Stand" I'm with Daffy on this one. Read it slowly, pay attention to the characters, and enjoy.....His best book ever, IMHO........and I know there are those out there who disagree.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote