View Single Post
Old 01-05-2012, 09:38 PM   #12
bookworm1959
bookworm1959 knows the square root of minus one.bookworm1959 knows the square root of minus one.bookworm1959 knows the square root of minus one.bookworm1959 knows the square root of minus one.bookworm1959 knows the square root of minus one.bookworm1959 knows the square root of minus one.bookworm1959 knows the square root of minus one.bookworm1959 knows the square root of minus one.bookworm1959 knows the square root of minus one.bookworm1959 knows the square root of minus one.bookworm1959 knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kobo Touch, Blackberry Playbook
Hello, I'm new to the site, and to ereaders. Just purchased a Kobo Touch in November, and was given a Playbook for Christmas. I was initially thinking of getting a Vox when they first came out. Then RIM dropped the price on the Playbook, and since I get the majority of my books from the library, I wasn't sure how much use I'd get out of a dedicated ereader. So, I decided a Playbook would be the solution since it's an actual "tablet" and that's what I asked "Santa" for. However, I discovered Playbook doesn't (currently) support DRM, which leaves elibrary books out of the question for me, thus the purchase of the Kobo Touch. I've read on the Crackberry forums rumours that with the release of the new OS in February, the DRM issue will be addressed and I'll be able to read e-library books on the PB.
So if one of the experts here has discovered a way to load library books on the Playbook, I'd love to know how?
bookworm1959 is offline   Reply With Quote