View Single Post
Old 06-17-2011, 07:44 AM   #173
Noughty
Addict
Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Device: Kindle NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by travger View Post
Could it be possible to save original filename somewhere when adding books? Second tab in metadata has lots of room...

I started new library because it was too bothersome to tell which pdf is which, now I add them only after reading (if one pdf has many mistakes, I convert another).
I realize that it is most helpful for those just starting with Calibre and they have enough to learn without plugins; on the same time knowing original filename allows to find it and maybe reduces griping about how Calibre stores its files.
I'd wish to see this too. Sometimes with downloading metadata you get a completely different book. And if it is some free story from internet without any cover and sometimes without even a name in the file you basically lose all info, as title and author probably was in the filename. I remember that before calibre wouldn't rename files so I often just opened folder and checked filename. Now it is impossible. I have a few books I have no idea what they are, no title, no author now (if you noticed it at adding you could just go to original file and see, but if you noticed later it might be impossible to find which book was it).

I read the answers to see it is very troublesome. But maybe it could be in calibre itself (not as plug in) as copying filename then adding to a column designed for this info shouldn't be too complicated. Of course comes the problem then were are few formats of the book, but maybe there could be just "first come first served" principle and the first formats filename would be saved. Just a thought
Noughty is offline   Reply With Quote