View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 12:01 PM   #301
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Sony Duo 11

I gave it back.
I hardly ever do it and in general I'm not a fan of this "test and give back" mentality. I guess, in my whole life I maybe gave 4 gadgets back in total.

But in this case, I had to do it.
Sony Vaio Duo 11 has a phantastic full HD display. Probably one of the best I've seen in tablets. Especially the extremely dark black (I think, Sony even calls it "True Black") is quite impressive.
And the sliding mechanism is an eye catcher.

BUT:
The fan (as in "cooling", not "enthusiastic admirer ) is on almost all the time.
This may be okay for a low powered Ultrabook.
But for a tablet, I find it extremely annoying. Tablet functionality is about 80% of my needs and time spent. I'm surfing and for such a low priority task I have to listen to the fan? No way...
I'll check immediately: I hope, Microsoft Surface Pro comes without a fan. Then I definitely will go for it.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote