View Single Post
Old 02-04-2007, 08:03 PM   #4
flumbo
I got nothin...
flumbo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.flumbo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.flumbo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.flumbo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Her smug superiority on this issue annoys me. I always thought the experience was in the writing and story, not the delivery method I use to inject it into my brain. If she's so set on paper, why exactly are they made available as audio books?

These books will be available in electronic form within hours of the book's release. Many honest people among us will buy the paper book but read it on the downloaded "bootleg" copy. The experience will still be our choosing, she's just making it more inconvenient.

I suppose we should be happy she can't decide that her books are best if read at certain hours of the day or that they need to be finished within a certain time period.

I have a client who sells electronic versions of her book, but prices it at twice the paper price-- her reasoning is that it deters piracy. I just don't get how some people come up with these things.
flumbo is offline   Reply With Quote