View Single Post
Old 09-11-2006, 05:23 PM   #9
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
I really like the size of the Iliad, it's weight is okay and the features are cool (even if I don't use them most of the time, it's good to have them there...using the device as a notepad is a cool way of making it paper-like...).

So if they can get the battery life going and maybe make it possible to zoom in PDF files (or rather make it possible for reflowable PDF files to actually reflow...) then I'd be a happy camper...

I don't think they will give the open-source community enough info to reshape the basic OS itself and I don't know whether they should. I'll wait till I see 2.7, if I see something hopeful happening then, I'll give them more time. If it still runs out of power just as quickly, whther you actually use it or not, then I'll go really mad and scream at them. It won't help, but I'll do it anyway...

I'd really hate to swap the nicely done Iliad for a cheap-looking Chinese device, but if the Chinese device gives me what I need (battery life, some input options and a cover/protection right out of the box) then...maybe...we'll see...^^
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote