View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 11:04 AM   #28
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmueller View Post
A friend of mine did have a similar question: Kindle Fire HD or Nexus 7.
I guess, the answer is quite simple:
What's the main purpose for your gadget?
If you want to have a full blown tablet without any restrictions, Nexus 7 probably will be the easier and more convenient choice.
Normally, readers/tablets such as Kobo, Kindle or Nook have their limitations.
Kindle obviously isn't that much interested to open their ecosystem to Nook or Kobo apps fro example.
There are workarounds, but why bother?

I've bought the Kindle Fire HD myself.
I won't root it.
I bought it for the Kindle books and to some extent for the rest of the Amazon ecosystem. It's perfect for that.
But if I need the Google Play store and all the other Android apps: Why jump through loops instead of going the easy way?
FYI the Kobo Arc will have access to the Google Play Store etc. without "jumping through hoops". Just thought I'd set the record straight on that aspect...
http://www.kobo.com/koboarc/techspecs/
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote