View Single Post
Old 08-07-2012, 11:05 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookJunkieLI View Post
I have no idea how difficult or easy this might be to implement, I'm not a programmer and don't pretend to be, but would it be possible to have Calibre ask which library you'd like to open when it starts? Of course many users have only one library so Calibre would/should only ask this if you've told it you have more than one library or maybe a tweak that you have to activate to get Calibre to ask?

My reason for suggesting this is I have multiple libraries and most of the time I have no issue with Calibre simply opening up to the last library used and then I switch to the one I want to work on. Lately, however, I've been working on my comic book library which is on an external drive that I've been carting between home and work. If that's the library I was last working on but I don't currently have that drive connected to the computer Calibre removes that library from it's list and then, rather than ask if I want to open a different library, insists on creating a new library that I then have to delete once I've gotten it to open one of my other existing libraries.

I know there is a command line function/code/command(?) that can be used to tell Calibre to open a specific library and I've more or less finally figured out how to use it but my first instinct is to open Calibre using the desktop icon not a command line interface, plus I don't always remember which library I was using last.

It's just a thought.
Last is the Normal Calibre open Icon.
Use a different Icon with the command line arguments to the other Library (If nothing else, paintshop a Number on a set of Calibre Icons )
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote