View Single Post
Old 04-07-2011, 07:29 PM   #4
Gwen Morse
Addict
Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Device: Kindle 3 (wifi) + nokia n900 tablet phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
Gwen, copyright (and therefore public domain) is a legal matter, laws written and passed by governments.

Do you allow the government to determine your ethics?
The question evolved as I started on my third petite croissant (these things are addictive!) and became half about ethics, and half about legality.

I already know what I'm going to do while I'm here in France. I'm going to eat way too many mini-cheesecakes and tarte pecans, put on 10 pounds, and buy my ebooks from Amazon. When I finally tear myself away from the food, I'll probably poke through the British Public Domain options and pick a few choice titles just to have them as souvenirs.

I'm just asking what other people think, as a way to spur discussion.
Gwen Morse is offline   Reply With Quote