View Single Post
Old 03-08-2011, 02:27 AM   #66
The Hooded Claw
Connoisseur
The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Android phone with Kindle app, Kindle 4 in reserve
I've been around these forums for awhile as a Kindle owner who also reads books on his Android phone, but last week I was unable to resist the Nook Color "sale" on ebay! I received my Nook Color today, and already took it on a test drive, including a trip to Barnes & Noble, this evening!

Despite accounts I've heard from some quarters, my Nook Color is brand new and in perfect shape. It also hooked up to wifi, both my home network and the B&N wifi, perfectly without a hitch. Also, the video I've been using with my iPad worked perfectly, which was important to me since I will primarily use my NC as an entertainment device while traveling (I love the iPad, but it is awfully expensive to drag around traveling, and too big to easily tote around on my person while traveling, whereas the NC will fit in the larger photo pockets on my photo vest easily. I'd heard complaints from some of problems getting video to work on the NC, so this was a relief!

I'm overall quite pleased with it, though two complaints worth mentioning are 1) the internet browser is mediocre, in particular the pinch/zoom is rickety and there isn't an easily accessible back key from the bottom of a long web page, and 2) The volume buttons are positioned about as awkwardly as possible for someone who likes to hold the bare NC in landscape mode! I invariably hit them at inconvenient moments and create a distracting popup explaining how I'm adjusting the volume.

I got an acceptable sleeve at the B&N store to hold the NC while being stored or during travel.
The Hooded Claw is offline   Reply With Quote