View Single Post
Old 09-07-2013, 08:35 AM   #3
Pablo
Guru
Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY PRS-505, PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
The survey also found that people worry about e-readers not coping well with sun, sea, and sand, which is true, I suppose, especially if you run out of ziplock bags.
That's exactly the reason why I revert to pbooks during my holidays abroad. I'm not taking my beloved reader to the beach, ziploc bags or not. Of course, living in Argentina means that the process of buying the reader I wanted was more complicated and expensive than for those who live elsewhere (I had mine bought in the US by the cousin of a co-worker and mailed to a tax-free zone in my country).

As replacement is not plain sailing and involves bothering other people, I treat my reader with utmost care, which of course rules out taking it to the beach.

Anyway, there are always books you can't buy in e-format (at least in my country) and friends and family sometimes will give books as presents, so I keep that reading material for the holidays.
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote