View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 08:03 AM   #18
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookripper View Post
I'm doing the same thing: deleting excessive covers and images, and I also delete the fonts. But I dont delete the references to "font-family:xxxx" in the stylesheet. Can this do any harm?
It does no harm at all. If the font family referenced is something that's on your system or your reader, you will still see their font, or the serif version you have (or sans serif, whichever it calls for). You won't be able to change it to your preference.

Removing that line lets you freely change all fonts so your reader displays your choice. There may be times you want to keep the original fonts, such as fancy chapter titles, for the publishing pages, etc. You could go through and pull out only those for the main body of text, but it usually takes too much time sorting out all the references, especially when you have a stylesheet with 100 different styles referenced.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote