View Single Post
Old 11-11-2011, 08:15 AM   #6
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I'm not grasping why/how it's being labeled a "reset" css? I understand "template" or "starting-point," but "reset" just doesn't make any sense. It seems to imply that you could "reset" the style of an html document with that type of stylesheet—which is, of course, impossible... unless you find a way to strip all the old class attributes from the HTML itself and replace them with the appropriate "reset" values?

Templates are fine. But in order for a global template to work with the widest range of texts/ereaders/browsers/creators possible, it's going to have to be so minimal as to be rather pointless.

I know people develop their own css templates, but that's different... they've discovered what works for them.

A global ePub CSS template might look something like:
Code:
p {
  line-height: 120%;
  text-indent: 1.2em;
  margin-bottom: 0;
  margin-right: 0;
  margin-top: 0;
  margin-left: 0;
  }
And even that would probably be stepping on the toes of many ebook creators' designs/plans.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote