View Single Post
Old 06-17-2010, 11:09 AM   #1
maxbookworm
Addict
maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Galaxy Note 2
Sony PRS-300 with clock and customizable epub fonts :)

So I bit the bullet today and Russified my PRS-300 using RonF‘s excellent instructions here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...t=62528&page=5 (post #72)

I went ahead and used boroda’s version 1.05a and it worked easily and flawlessly.

Then, I created a Fonts directory in the root of the READER drive that shows up on my computer when the reader is plugged in via USB and put my current favorite fonts there (Gentium book, available here: http://scripts.sil.org/cms/scripts/p...=Gentium_basic ).

I edited the css file that was in the epub folder on my READER drive so it looks like this:

Code:
@font-face {
  font-family: "serif1";
  font-weight: normal;
  font-style: normal;
  src:url(res:///Data/Fonts/GenBkBasR.ttf);
}

@font-face {
  font-weight: bold;
  font-style: normal;
  src:url(res:///Data/Fonts/GenBkBasB.ttf);
}

@font-face {
  font-weight: normal;
  font-style: italic;
  src:url(res:///Data/Fonts/GenBkBasI.ttf);
}

@font-face {
  font-weight: bold;
  font-style: italic;
  src:url(res:///Data/Fonts/GenBkBasBI.ttf);
}

@font-face {
  font-family: "sans-serif1";
  src:url(res:///opt/sony/ebook/FONT/tt0003m_.ttf);
}

body {
  font-family: serif1, serif;
  line-height: 130%;
  font-size:0.9em
}

p {
  font-family: serif1, serif;
  line-height: 130%;
  font-size:0.9em
}

h1 {
  font-family: sans-serif1, sans-serif;
}
And now all my epubs show up in Gentium at the perfect font size for me, and I have a clock in the lower right hand corner of my screen. I am really loving this! At this rate, I may be listing my PB360 on the Flea Market soon!

ETA: Oh, and I have to say, THANK YOU to all the developers who have worked on these hacks and improvements. They totally rock!

Last edited by maxbookworm; 06-20-2010 at 07:10 AM.
maxbookworm is offline   Reply With Quote