View Single Post
Old 11-20-2009, 04:39 AM   #10
mikelv
Developer of EPUBReader
mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: none
Hi Laisvunas,

thanks for your feedback!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laisvunas View Post
1) There is several buttons scattered at the bottom of the window. Most of them will be rarely used. It would be better to have a submenu in "Tools" menu (as Firebug has) and place link to the options of TOC pane, link to EPUBReader's website, link to the library, and even increase/decrease font links as items of that submenu.
In my opinion the only buttons which are rarely used are the preferences and the help button. They could be moved to a Firefox menu but I prefer to have direct access, the space they use is not so large. Library button and increase/decrease font size buttons will be often used. Increase/decrease font size changes the font size just for the currently displayed ePub not in general. If you opened an ePub with small/large font size, I'm sure you don't want to go first to a menu to change this.

Quote:
2) It would be better if the bottom bar displaying Previous/Next buttons were optional.
These buttons are needed, because they offer the only garanteed way to navigate through the ePub from the beginning to the end. The TOC is not, because someone could decide to have just very rare entries in it and I have seen even ePubs without any entry. For an explanation how the buttons and TOC work, please check this posting https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...91&postcount=5.

Quote:
3) "Library" link should open a new tab, as the link to EPUBReader's website. Current behavior violates usability: the wish to open a library does not indicate the wish to close currently opened publication.
Okay, good point. What should be happen, if one opens a book by clicking on a link on the library page? Open again a new tab?

Quote:
4) In the version 1.2 it is no more possible to open the same publication in the new tab by right-clicking on some link in the window. It seems to me that proper right-click support is essential to such epub reading soft as this. EPUBReader is for reading in browser, so it is reasonable for users to expect usual browser behaviors. Of course, implementing proper right-click support through iframes is not trivial, but after employing some tricks entirely possible.
Do you mean the links in the TOC? What would be in your opinion the reason that one would use right click on TOC entries?

Quote:
Thanks for the great extension.
Welcome !
mikelv is offline   Reply With Quote