View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 07:17 PM   #4
Danger
Evangelist
Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2 (retired), Kobo Touch (passed to the wife), KGlo, Galaxy TabPro
It does take a few days for them to get going. A Kobo Touch, that I gave to the wife after getting a Glo, stopped working, wouldn't respond to being touched. The screen itself worked just fine and would turn off and on with no problem but the IR wasn't working. I sent an email to their customer support and received an email back on Jan. 17th saying it was being escalated to Tier 2. A week later on the 23rd I got a response back saying that the Kobo needed to be replaced and that they were shipping a replacement out the next day. Unfortunately the replacement was a dud, arrived with a cracked screen although the box it came in was undamaged. It also had a corner that wasn't flush with the screen, there was a gap big enough to easily slip a business card in between the screen and the IR sensor. Sent another email off with pictures yesterday and received a response back this morning that they are sorry about the replacement and another one is being sent out tomorrow.

So, crappy situation but I have been happy so far with their response time in trying to correct this problem. So expect about a week for a response back. Hell I am waiting on Corsair for a computer part that I had to RMA, been almost 2 weeks now since they got the faulty part and I haven't heard anything other than the RMA is in progress. At least Kobo ships out the new unit the day after they say they are going to replace it.
Danger is offline   Reply With Quote