View Single Post
Old 11-22-2012, 10:53 PM   #17
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmueller View Post
For my understanding:
You've asked about bookmarks. So you obviously have some books already on the Kindle. How diid you get them there? Via USB? Via 3G? From your Amazon account or some free books without copy protection? Amazon books, due to the copy protection, only should be accessible if the reader correctly is registered.
I got it fixed. I had to setup my wi-fi and my registration and every got done. The thing I don't care for if recommendations for books. I setup parental to not open store and browser thinking that would stop the recommendation, it didn't. I also setup for cover to not show recommendations. It still did.

The time got cleared again, I setup again. The bookmarks was from the Kindle how to book they include on new Kindles. That is what I was referring to. I haven't tried bookmarks since then.

Because I think I am not liking the lighting. I have tried different settings, and I see splotches and shadows. That was higher and lower settings in a dim lighting room. I will keep trying it, but unless the screen changes in time I don't think I am going to like it. I am soooo sad. I was so hopeful.

Thanks for your help. Apparently yours isn't like this. Now if I return I will have to find out how to clear my Paperwhite with my network info. That was why I didn't want to setup til I knew for sure, but you really can't test it out unless you get a book.

At least I have til January 31 to return. But I have read some screen improve or get worse. How are these things made anyway? I read the Amazon page but it really doesn't explain why there is splotches and shadows.
new is offline   Reply With Quote