View Single Post
Old 01-06-2012, 11:05 AM   #6
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
^Sometimes the way the verse is placed on the page and the shapes of the words is as important, but with Whitman I think listening would be a good option.

The benefit of the book I nominated is that it is shorter (198 pages) and we could savour each poem more and still fit in plenty of time for things like The Illiad or The Odyssey.

I have to research the other nominations a little before seconding as I want to not waste my votes. I'm thinking that getting any nominee to five might be tough this month.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote