View Single Post
Old 02-17-2008, 08:46 AM   #4
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
My understanding is that for the 500, there's no reason not to flash it, as there's an updater to recover if it doesn't work (but it's been done by quite a few people now).

As for this hack, it looks very interesting. I've not had a chance to play yet, but while I originally thought I'd have no direct use of it, I'm now wondering if I could try something like replacing the default font with MS's Calibri one (I think that's the one I thought looked nice but didn't want to slow down the page-turns by embedding it).

As for the general thing itself, even if you're not after the unicode fonts it's interesting - I've not had a chance to try & see what info about the internals have been found, but it does make me wonder what other options this might open up in terms of adding functionality?
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote