View Single Post
Old 06-05-2010, 06:58 AM   #3
stustaff
Wizard
stustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it is

Device: sony reader PRS505 and 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRiker View Post
What OS are you running?
What version of iTunes do you have installed?

Please review the overview in this post to confirm your settings, then report back.

G
Latest 10.5
latest iTunes

seems like the problem is No2!

2. In iTunes Preferences|Advanced, check Keep iTunes Media Folder organized and Copy files to iTunes Media Folder when adding to Library. You may not be currently be using these settings, but these settings are how the device driver's been tested. The second item 'Copy files ...', is mandatory, because calibre generates a temporary copy of the exported epub when sending it to iTunes. The permanent copy must be stored in iTunes, because the temporary copy provided by calibre is ... temporary.

I do not have that checked and never will as I do not want to create duplicate copies of all my media eg videos and Music I use my own file system.

Would it be possible to adjust calibre so that it adds files to iTunes only? its doing that fine now just the error gets me stuck. would also be cool if I could do that whilst the iPad isnt even connected?

ah now i saee what your saying then now on a previous one the book no longer exists cos the temp is deleted so i have a file showing in iTunes but no actual file but removing that means I can get it into itunes.

hmmm iTunes is happy to link all of my other media via a link to its original location isnt it possible to do this with Calibre? eg if I manually add a calibre converted book to iTunes from the Calibre folder structure it works fine AND I dont have to create a duplicate of my book.

Why is calibre creating a temp copy at all? just add the link to iTunes.

Last edited by stustaff; 06-05-2010 at 07:03 AM.
stustaff is offline   Reply With Quote