Thread: Merging files?
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2010, 04:54 PM   #7
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobymax View Post
My question is often fan fiction stories is divided into parts. How do I merge all parts into one file?
Well, if you are using Windows and can work at the command line it is extremely easy to merge a large number of text files into one file using the COPY command. You just put all the text files into one folder. If the file names are in alphanumeric order you just type COPY *.TXT OUTPUT.TXT . If the file names are not in alphanumeric order you would need to order them yourself with a command like
COPY FILE1.TXT+FILE2.TXT+FILE3.TXT OUTPUT.TXT

Of course the file names that you actually type would be up to you, instead of my generic examples.

Last edited by Dave_S; 03-17-2010 at 04:54 PM. Reason: typo
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote