View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 10:52 PM   #632
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
What line spacing issue does Charis SIL suffer from? With ADE, I like the tight spacing. It works very well. Also, when I modified the other metrics, it works well on a Kindle.
Default Charis SIL line spacing is horrible. I don't know why the people who made the font hasn't fixed it? Gentium does not have this problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Blossom, I need some help. I need to know if increasing Typo Line Gap and Line Gap in a font's metrics makes a difference on a Kindle in both KF8 and Mobi. My larger Charis SIL doesn't work in ADE without increasing the gaps. But I need to know if the line space is affected in KF8 & Mobi on a Kindle. Thanks.
Typo Line Gap in a KF8 does affect line spacing.
In a Mobi Book Typo Line Gap does nothing.
Line Gap doesn't seem to do anything in KF8 or Mobi.

I did discover something else while testing.
Fonts with numbers in their name wont work on a KF8 it must be all letters. It works fine on a mobi book but not a KF8.

Last edited by Blossom; 02-18-2013 at 10:54 PM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote