View Single Post
Old 01-24-2011, 01:55 PM   #3
bakura82
Zealot
bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
However, I just tried typing in a Text Memo on the PRS650 using the touchscreen keyboard and it was typing as fast as I could tap.
This may seem silly, but would you help me a bit more by opening a book, highlighting a paragraph and then make an annotation for that paragraph. (This feature is different than the text memo app on the device and it may act different.) If you would type at least three sentences as quickly as you can, it would give a good indication of lag. (I assume you are at least a moderate speed typist like myself.)

Also, has the auto-correct improved? It's fairly useless on the PRS-600. It seems to use words that I already typed rather than a dictionary. So, misspelled words often pop-up (if I recall).

Thank you so much!

UPDATE:
I just found this review on Amazon.com and it worries me. This model is so darn expensive and I planed to buy TWO for my wife and I. Here is the part I am referring to:

Quote:
The bad news are: 1) it is awfully slow if you make much more than a few highlights (even when these highlight are in books other that the one you are reading now! I'm talking about waiting 20 seconds or more to turn a page, if you happen to highlight something at the end of it...)
We both do a LOT of annotations and highlighting anf this could very well be why things slow down as they have for me when typing annotations...

Last edited by bakura82; 01-24-2011 at 02:12 PM. Reason: Update
bakura82 is offline   Reply With Quote