View Single Post
Old 09-09-2009, 08:00 PM   #11
MichaelFStewart
Where tech and story meet
MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Hi, all, I'd like to play devil's advocate.

I'm an author and write both graphic novels as well as novels. This is just another way to tell a story. I assume they're taking advantage of two things. One is that books are really good at delivering information, thoughts, and what is film terms is sometimes call sequel. Video is really good at action and sex. Why not put them together. Trick would be to make them more seamless. The second thing, what could make this VERY interesting is the interactivity component. Phone calls for prerecorded messages? That doesn't sound very interesting, but I wouldn't mind being pushed new information, or clues via email or Facebook, or whatever. The more I can be placed in the story the better.

What bugs me is that they say this is the first diginovel - BS - there is a ton of interactive content mixing media on the Internet. Alternate reality games are the best example. Some of them really worked. Some didn't. This isn't a revolution. But some stories will fit it better than others.

Michael F Stewart
Author of 24 Bones, a supernatural thriller
MichaelFStewart is offline   Reply With Quote